Thursday, April 12, 2007

Callie

So, even though some of you may disagree, I think I have the most beautiful little girl in the world. This picture is of her and I in December, when she was three months old. She is now seven months. I can't believe it! She really is a wonderful baby. My next one will be more like me, I fear. Callie is just like her Daddy. She is calm, loving, cute, etc. We'll just say, I am not calm. I am cute. There's no denying it. Haha.


All of that being said, I have wondered to myself often, "What did I do to deserve this great of a gift from God?" Then, I realize it is just that. She is a gift, but she is never really, truly mine alone. She is His. He has just loaned her to me to enjoy and to remind me what a true wonder He is. Sometimes, I wake up and just go in and watch her sleep. I wonder what she dreams and why she gets that beautiful little grin on her face so often while she is dreaming. I can only assume she is dreaming of her Mama. Seriously, I hope that she grows up with the best of Thomas and the best of me. I hope she sees/takes on his way of being rational and accepting of some things out of his control. I hope she sees only the best parts of me and doesn't take on the worst. More importantly, I hope we can help her understand how incredibly blessed our family has been and who it all comes from.


So, this will be the sappiest blog I write, but I had to get it out.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are right, she's a cute as she can be. She is the most precious gift in the world! I do the same thing- I often wonder how I got so lucky to have 2 amazing/healthy boys to raise. I'm so thankful God picked me to be their mom.

See-Dub said...

It's a great lesson on grace, isn't it? I'm so thankful God blessed us with Ryan and Katie and not what we deserved!

And Callie is TOO sweet! That girl--does she ever fuss?

Jenna said...

Sweet sappy posts are good! She is beautiful! Yes, I do have girl envy:)

I am glad you gave in and started a blog!

tamandscott said...

I am such an idiot. I read your comment on my blog, but I never realized that you were talking about YOU starting a blog!! I'm glad you're done with that stupid myspace. :)ha

Callie IS the cutest ever.