Monday, April 23, 2007

Adrenaline

The Stars just lost game 7 and I am sitting in front of my computer wondering, "Will ANY Dallas team go ANYWHERE this year?" Oh well. I can still cheer for the Mavs. They aren't giving me much hope right now either. The Rangers stink. I guess I will have to start going to FC Dallas games with Thomas. I don't know a lot about soccer, but I can learn!

So, I had kind-of a bad day today. I had to let someone go at work and that is never an easy thing. I wasn't particularly surprised by this event and it was about the 15th termination I have had to do since starting at GST six years ago. Anyway, it is not fun sitting there telling someone they are not "working out." Then, my Jeep broke down. Do you believe in karma? I don't.

Dealing with work is one thing, but I am consumed with thoughts of friends who are struggling. I am the type of person that never knows what to say. I have never been an eloquent person. I have never been able to put my thoughts or feelings into a sentence when I am standing in front of the person in question, looking them in the eye. I can write a song about it, but that doesn't count. So, I am going to use my blog for some of those things I wish I had said. Don't be surprised if your name shows up one day on my blog! So, I will start with family...

Tonya, I don't really think you hold things over my head. I just say that in the heat of arguements with you. I actually couldn't ask for a better sister. You are an example of a wonderful Mom and that means a lot to me as I work my way through motherhood. That said, I am sorry I broke your mirror in your Camaro when you were in highschool.

No comments: