Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I was the lucky one...

Today was such an emotional day. Megann went to be with our Father. There is not much more to say than how much I will miss her and how lucky I was to call her a friend. She had so many friends and affected so many lives. I have so many "I wish..." things running through my head.

I wish I had done more with her, taken her picture more, prayed with her more than just at Bunco, encouraged her more, told her "thank you" more....

The comfort I have is that I will get to see her again someday.

For the 10 minutes I actually slept last night, I dreamed this:
I was walking up to the gates of heaven and here come my relatives, who have gone on before me, ready to greet me and welcome me in. My grandfathers and grandmother are there. Jesus is there with open arms. He hugs me tight and beckons me toward the gate. I started walking toward it and then, I heard the sound I wish I could hear right now. THAT LAUGH. That distinctive Megann laugh. Somewhere behind the gate, she is there laughing, talking, and having fun and as I approach, she turns and smiles.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tami, that is a really neat dream. I envision it like that too..... Seeing everyone that went on before us.

I too have many regrets. I wish I had done most of the things you mentioned. I know that Megann died knowing that I loved her, prayed for her, and wanted her to beat this. This can be an example to us to do the things we intend to do today, and not put them off to tomorrow.

tamandscott said...

That laugh was awesome...

Jenna said...

I think everyone who knew her felt lucky to know her. I have regrets too. We tried to get together for lunch not long ago but things kept getting into the way. I wish I had had that lunch with her.

See-Dub said...

I have so many memories but so few pictures of Megann. And I really wish I had a recording of Megann's laugh!