Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

Goodbye, 2009. Glad to see you go.

Trying to remember the good things from 2009:
Girls were healthy
Women's Retreat
New friends
Can now make Gumbo in my sleep
B&B in Nacogdoches

Prayer for 2010:
"Into my heart. Into my heart. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus. Come in today, come in to stay. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus."

People who graced my life that I will not see again in this body, but will see again someday:
Uncle Richard Williams - Hilarious, loving, fun, Christian man. He was always  a part of our lives, but in the last few years was truly a blessing to Thomas and me. He had a connection with us that could not be duplicated and we truly felt close to him and Aunt Theresa, even though they live in California. He made an impact on their small community and I miss him deeply. I had thought of him often since I attended his memorial service in California earlier in the Fall. His laugh still rings in my ears and I think on the good times fondly. Still, a lump forms in my throat when I see his smile in the projector of my mind.

Tim Head - As stated on his honor page and on my blog below, Tim was a wonderful friend, who touched many, many lives in his short time here. My heart cannot make sense of our loss of Tim. He did so much for Thomas and me and we were just like so many countless others in Tim's life. Tim and Amy have been a blessing to us and I regret not telling them more often. I doubt that Tim ever understood how grateful we were for the work he did. His sense of humor will never be forgotten and his Christian example will live on through the many works he did.

My hope for 2010:
The right Lupus medication
God will ease my troubled mind
My family will remain healthy
The family business will survive
Henry Weinhardt's Root Beer will be sold in Albertson's

1 comment:

TriSara said...

I love that you finished that on a funny note. or at least I thought it was funny. I am praying for you and your family. God is growing you in Him; know that He is in control. He knows you and He knows what you need. I pray for you to have peace as God does His will in your life.