Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stars Game

One quick note...in the words of the Von Trapp Family Singers...So Long, Farewell, Avery. Wish things had worked out...you are a good coach, but the Mavs just didn't respond to you this year. Here's to a fresh start with a new coach next year!

Thomas and I were lucky enough to snag four tickets to the Stars Playoff game last night against the Sharks. We took my parents with us and had a fantastic time! I took some pictures with my phone from our seats and am posting them below.

Let me take a very brief moment to talk about my obsession with hockey. It all started when my friend, Adrienne, took me to a Sharks game when we were in junior high. If I remember correctly, her neighbor was a NHL ref and was able to get them tickets from time to time. Of course, the only thing I knew was the Sharks and I loved them! They were my hometown team! I kind of got out of the hcokey side of life when I was in my last year in highschool and then my first two years in college. Then, Thomas and I met and I realized how much I missed watching the excitement. Of course, a couple of years later, I found myself rooting for the Stars and they won the Stanley Cup! As I sat at the game last night, I realized I am a die hard Stars fan, and, no matter what my former allegiance was, I had to root them on to victory. Sharks - I love ya, but I can't wait to see you go down in this series!!
One of the faceoffs during the second period:


My parents:

Morrow talking with the ref after a bad call:


Ribeiro on the hunt for a goal. The lady in front of me had beautiful hair. It wasn't as big as it looks in this picture.


It was a lot of fun! Glad we were blessed enough to get tickets from our pals at Samuel and Son.


2 comments:

TriSara said...

Those were GOOD seats! Looks like a great time.

Holly Moulder said...

WOW! Looks like so much fun!