Monday, October 1, 2007

The longest Thursday EVER...

Last Thursday, we had the longest day ever. We woke up at the normal time...Thomas at 3:00 a.m. to get ready for work and Callie and I got up at about 7:00. Well, this is how it went:

7:00 - 9:00: Worked on the house and packed for our trip.
9:00 - 10:15: Got ready to go.
10:15 - 1:00: Doctors appt.
1:00 - 6:00: Work
6:00 - Thomas dropped off Callie at work for me and he went to a concert in Grand Prairie.
I went to Colleyville so my parents could see Callie.
8:45 - Got home
8:45 - 2:30 a.m. - Packed for our trip and finished laundry/housework
2:30 a.m. - LEFT FOR OUR TRIP
AND THEN....

Saturday at Noon, we arrived in Livermore, California! It took us a little less than 36 hours to make the drive. We went straight through, but we stopped a lot more than normal so that Callie could get out and stretch her legs every few hours.

We arrived at a close family friends house in Livermore (the city where we used to go to church) and then went to the Dave Matthews concert at an outdoor amphitheatre that is right off the bay. We were tired, but it was awesome!! I brought my camera, but I forgot my cord, so I have to get a new one tomorrow. So, to catch you up somewhat, here are a few pictures from my camera phone...


The above dessert is from Claim Jumper restaurant - perhaps one of my most favorite restaurants on the planet. This is a cookie sandwich (two giant heathbar choc chip cookies with ice cream in the middle) all topped with whipped cream, caramel and hot sauce. The dessert is almost wider than Thomas!




He ate about half of it. Next is Callie at Claim Jumper. They brought out a *complimentary* childs plate that had more food on it than I would eat in a sitting.


Below is a picture of Thomas and I at the concert...


We saw some old friends today and are headed to Jelly Belly, my Aunt and Uncles house and then up the coast tomorrow. More to come then!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little Callie looks soooo big! Give her a hug for me. I happy that all of you are having fun!
Love you,
Mom - Grandma Sharri

TriSara said...

Wow! You are incredible to make that drive! Glad you made it safely and hope you have the greatest trip ever!!!

Laurie said...

I hope y'all are having a great time! See you when you get back!

PB said...

You two are crazy making a drive like that after a day like that. I'm glad everyone arrived safely. Hope you have an awesome time. Take lots of pictures if you make it to the Roloff's Farm.

Jenna said...

I am so glad that you got there safely. I am sure that you will have a fantastic time!! Are you ever coming home?

tamandscott said...

You are nuts. I am glad you're having fun. Be safe!